LISTEN TO TLR’S LATEST PODCAST:
A Texas woman arrested for shoplifting managed to escape from police custody and steal an officer’s car during an arrest, according to Tuesday body camera footage.
The Lufkin Police Department arrested 33-year-old Toscha Sponsler Saturday after coming to an Ulta Beauty store to deal with a potential shoplifter, reports Fox 10.
After placing her in the backseat of the car in handcuffs, officers moved to look through the bags Sponsler was carrying to check what she had stolen, police explained. While they were preoccupied, Sponsler unbuckled herself, maneuvered herself out of her handcuffs and jumped in the front seat of the car, video shows.
Sponsler led officers on a twenty- three minute chase as she drove up to 100 miles per hour, footage shows. She also repeatedly tried to take out a shotgun that was attached to the car, police said. Officers were eventually able to stop her by using a pursuit intervention technique maneuver.
Sponsler now faces charges stemming from escape causing serious bodily injury/threat of a deadly weapon, aggravated assault against a public servant and possession of a controlled substance among other charges.
€œDuring the initial review we determined that limiting the size of the partition window in its open position could prevent this from occurring in the future if the locking mechanism fails or is not engaged, Lufkin Police Department Assistant Chief David Thomas said about an investigation into the matter Tuesday.
Send tips to [email protected].
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- One Killed, Eight Wounded in Church Shooting in Tennessee
by Daniella Silva One person was.
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.