As corrupt public officials go, Hillary Clinton is in a league of her own. That’s according to a Washington ethics watchdog that just named the Democratic presidential front-runner as the top ethics violator of 2015.
The nonpartisan Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust (FACT) placed Clinton at the top of its worst ethics violators of 2015 list after finding “overwhelming evidence” she abused her official position as secretary of state.
FACT is calling for various federal investigations into Clinton’s unethical behavior, much of which has been uncovered by the ongoing scandal surrounding her State Department emails.
“Those emails remained hidden from the public until earlier this year when it was discovered that Secretary Clinton conducted government business on her private email server and a judge ultimately ordered that she turn over and the State Department release the emails,” FACT noted in a statement.
FACT believes that some of those recently released communications raise questions about whether Clinton gave special State Department access to a private mining company with ties to her son-in-law,
The watchdog says Clinton has displayed similarly corrupt behavior on the campaign trail.
The group has asked the IRS to investigate whether Clinton violated State Department rules when her family foundation made payments of nearly $350,000 to her failed 2008 campaign to rent Clinton’s email list after she failed to secure the Democratic nomination. At the time of the transactions, Clinton’s State Department position prohibited her from doing certain types of fundraising on behalf of the campaign.
Clinton’s political corruption could also ensnare top Senate Democrats if FACT is successful in getting the Senate Select Committee to launch an additional investigation into whether Clinton campaign aides conducted political business in official Senate offices where campaign activities are prohibited.
“Elected officials are sent to Washington to follow and uphold the law and so they need to be held to the highest standard of ethics. Even the appearance of impropriety can quickly erode public trust, and Mrs. Clinton is in a league of her own,” said Matthew Whitaker, FACT’s executive director, in a statement.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Billionaire Carl Icahn Resigns as Trump Adviser After Reaping Millions From His Time in White House
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- American Prospect Editor Robert Kuttner on His Extraordinary Interview with Steve Bannon
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..