“What I have here is a copy of Donald Trump’s tax returns,” MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow said.
On Tuesday, Maddow and investigative journalist David Cay Johnston revealed a small portion of President Donald Trump’s tax returns from 2005. But was doing so illegal?
But legal experts say if an individual or network doesn’t seek out the information, the law becomes murkier. Johnston said the pages were mailed to him anonymously.
Precedence seems to protect journalists who publish classified documents in the public’s interest. In October, The New York Times released some of Trump’s tax records from 1995 after receiving them in the mail.
more recommended stories
- Debate: As Trump Prolongs War in Afghanistan, Should U.S. Pull Out Troops Immediately?
In a prime-time address on Monday,.
- Predicting Trump Wonâ€™t Last Full Term, Alec Baldwin Speaks Out on Impersonating the President
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..