The Vermont Senate approved a bill today, April 21, that would regulate the cultivation and sale of marijuana and end penalties for personal possession and cultivation by Vermonters ages 21 and older.
The Senate-amended version of H. 167 will receive one final vote before being sent back to the House for consideration, the MPP reports.
A majority of Vermont voters are in favor of the policy changes proposed in H. 167 , according to a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling. Fifty-seven percent support allowing adults 21 and older to possess and cultivate limited amounts of marijuana, and 54% support regulating and taxing marijuana similarly to alcohol. The results are available at www.mpp.org/VTpoll.
Matt Simon, the MPP’s New England political director, stated: “Most Vermonters think marijuana should be made legal for adults, and they’re looking to lawmakers to come up with a plan. We applaud the Senate for approving a thoughtful alternative to marijuana prohibition that would account for public health and improve public safety. We would love to see the House step up and join the Senate in supporting this sensible reform. If the House isn’t willing to support the Senate’s proposal, it at least needs to support its own Judiciary Committee’s plan and pass H. 170.”
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.