Claiming to be primed for civil war, a Venezuelan general issued orders to prepare for the future use of snipers against anti-government protesters, according to a secret recording of a regional command meeting held three weeks ago at a military base in the northwestern Venezuelan city of Barquisimeto, reports the Miami Herald.
RELATED: Venezuela’s Maduro Compares World’s Treatment of His Gov’t Officials to the Jews During WWII
The audio, which was obtained by the Herald from a Washington source that has provided information on Venezuela for previous stories, the general discusses the potential legal and physical risks of using snipers during the massive demonstrations against Venezuela’s socialist president, Nicolás Maduro.
Acording to the Herald, Venezuelan Division General José Rafael Torrealba Pérez is the man who is heard on the recording, can be heard saying: “Begin to make preparations with those individuals that can serve as snipers, beginning with psychological and aptitude tests…”
He continued, ““There will come a time when we will have to employ them [the snipers] and I want us to be ready for the moment that we have to employ them because the president will not remain at a green [preparation] phase, gentlemen.”
“He [Maduro] has already signed a range of operations and as I said here [previously] … we could be at the beginning of a subversive urban war,” the General concluded.
The recording of Torrealba’s voice matches the one appearing in videos of his public speeches available on YouTube. His voice also was identified by the Washington source that supplied the tape to el Nuevo Herald, reports the Herald.
The military, however, insists publicly that it is not using lethal force against demonstrators, a claim that was repeated on Wednesday by Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez, said the Herald.
Send news tips to EICfairfieldTLR@Gmail.com.
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.