WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior State Department official says Chinese President Xi Jinping (shee jihn-peeng) will meet with President Donald Trump the first full week of April.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had originally planned to skip a meeting of NATO foreign ministers scheduled for April 5-6 in Brussels. The meeting was rescheduled for Friday after Tillerson told NATO he had a scheduling conflict.
The official told reporters on Tuesday the reason Tillerson couldn’t make the original date is because Xi will be visiting the United States then. The official says Tillerson must be part of Xi’s discussions with Trump.
The visit will be Trump’s first with Xi since taking office.
The official briefed reporters on a conference call on condition of anonymity, even though Trump has criticized reporters for using anonymous sources.
more recommended stories
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Headlines for August 21, 2017
Massive protests against white supremacy spread.
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Not Policing The USA
In America you’re innocent until proven.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Ethics Watchdog Files Complaint Against Wasserman Schultz
The Foundation for Accountability and Civic.
- Big-name union supporters speak out with vote less than two days away
CANTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) –.
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.