Police attend the UCLA campus after reports of an active gunman.Photo: Screenshot, 7NewsBoston WHDH
The University of California, Los Angeles locked down Wednesday with an active shooter on campus, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
In a statement posted online, the university said police reported two victims of the shooting in an engineering building. However, it was not immediately known if those people were wounded or killed.
The incident began a few minutes after 10 am local time (3am AEST), according to Tony Im, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department. Police said they have no initial information about the shooter.
A large number of police were seen running towards the campus.Photo: Screenshot, ABC News
The LAPD and FBI both said they were responding to the scene.
Campus officials warned students to stay where they are until more information is available. The public university has 43,000 students on its Los Angeles campus.
The Washington Post
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.