The 141st Preakness Stakes got off on a sore note to start the day. Two horses in the first four races died on Saturday, including the first race winner.
Homeboykris, a 9-year-old colt, died shortly after coming from behind to win and hold off Golden Rings in the opening race of the day. The cause of death is unknown for the Maryland-based horse, who won as a 9-1 underdog.
Homeboykris collapsed shortly after reaching the winner’s circle and died.
Then in the fourth race, Pramedya pulled up lame after breaking its left front leg on the track. It was euthanized shortly thereafter. Pramedya’s jockey, Daniel Centeno, suffered a broken right collarbone after falling off the horse. The female horse won two of her four career races.
It’s a rough start to what is expected to be a day of fun from Baltimore with Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist trying to grab the second jewel of the Triple Crown. However, track conditions are sloppy and could make for a tough race.
more recommended stories
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Preseason Finds New England Patriots at the Head of the Pack
Who will be dethroning the.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Tom Brady’s Age Fodder For Jokes Among Patriots Quarterbacks
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/tom-brady13.jpg by Zack Cox on Fri,.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- 2017 NFL Football Odds to Win the Division Projections
The NFL season is just around.