One of the state’s top prescribers of medical marijuana has been suspended, 5 Investigates has learned.
The Board of Registration in Medicine took the action at its meeting on Thursday.
Dr. Tyrone Cushing, who works with Canna Med, has been temporarily suspended pending further investigation.
Documents obtained by 5 Investigates show that Cushing is accused of issuing a medical marijuana certificate to a patient who was seven months’ pregnant.
The state said he never discussed with the patient the associated risks of marijuana use while pregnant or nursing or that she had previously been treated for an opioid addiction.
The state also says Crushing prescribed himself clonazepam, an anti-anxiety drug.
State officials said Cushing worked only two days a week, but was the third biggest provider of medical marijuana certificates in Massachusetts.
He could not be reached for comment.
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.