FOXBORO, Massachusetts New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels earlier this week said Patriots quarterbacks rarely discuss Tom Brady’s age.
But according to Brady’s backup, Jimmy Garoppolo, that’s not entirely true.
Speaking after Friday’s training camp practice, Garoppolo said he and third-string QB Jacoby Brissett definitely rib Brady about the fact that he’s turning 40 in less than a week. How could they not?
I mean, we’ve got to, right? Garoppolo said. It wouldn’t be right if we didn’t. We’re there to bring him back down to earth every once in a while, I’ll say that.
Brady is by far the most senior player on the Patriots roster no one else is over 33 and is more than a dozen years older than both of his understudies. Garoppolo, who’s entering his fourth NFL season, is 25, and Brissett, a second-year pro, is 24.
Yet despite his elevated age, Brady is a lock to begin this season as New England’s starting quarterback after turning in one of the best performances of his career in 2016, and he’s said he hopes to play at least another four or five seasons. All Garoppolo and Brissett can do in the meantime is wait their turn.
He’s been in this system for a while, Garoppolo said. He knows it like the back of his hand. It’s my job to catch up and get as close as I possibly can to that. And that’s part of being the quarterback. That’s the competition part. You’ve got to love that.
Thumbnail photo via Bob DeChiara/USA TODAY Sports Images
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.