March 3 (UPI) — The majority of NFL franchises had no idea they were passing on a legend during the 2000 NFL Draft.
But Tom Brady likes to remind those 30 teams about exactly what they missed out on. The New England Patriots quarterback was infamously drafted No. 199 that year. He would go on to win five Super Bowls [so far], 12 Pro Bowl selections, and two All-Pro selections while becoming one of the most prolific passers in league history.
‘Terrific Tom’ didn’t look so terrific during his glacial 40-yard dash at that year’s combine. He drew the ire of several scouts for his lack of mobility and arm strength.
On Friday he offered the athletes at the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine some advice.
“I found my combine shirt from 17 years ago and it got me thinking,” Brady wrote on Instagram. “This is what they said about me then…Poor build, Skinny, Lacks great physical stature and strength, Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush, Lacks a really strong arm, Can’t drive the ball downfield, Does not throw a really tight spiral, System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib, Gets knocked down easily.”
“As @edelman11 always reminds me…”You can prove em right or you can prove em wrong!” Good luck to all of you this weekend!!”
The shoo-in Hall of Famer is a two-time NFL MVP. His 456 passing touchdowns and 61,582 yards rank No. 4 all-time, while his 97.2 career passer rating is No. 3 all-time.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.