Shacky, a new startup launching in Australia is like Airbnb meets Getaway (which, you might remember, offers tiny house nature retreats near U.S. cities). While Getaway and other tiny home “hotels” typically host several small houses on one piece of land, Shacky is all about finding unique sites for each dwelling, giving guests access to some of the most beautiful and unplugged locales in the Australian countryside.
To this end, the company partners with property owners (“hosts”) who will be responsible for maintaining Shacky houses between stays and welcoming guests in exchange for some alternative income. A 1,500-acre cattle farm and bushland full of wildlife are just a few of the sites Shacky is teasing on its website. Five locations are expected to roll out by the end of the year, with the first already up and running in northeastern Victoria.
Set on a tranquil olive grove, owned by a pair of retirees and home to flocks of sheep and alpaca, the first bookable Shacky looks a bit quirkier than the tiny houses we’re used to. This sloped-roof dwelling features an assortment of wooden detailing from the inside out, plus expansive windows and a small front deck.
The interior is outfitted in a more familiar pared-back modern look, and comes equipped with a Queen-sized bed, small stove, mini bridge, and bathroom with toilet, shower, and biodegradable toiletries. The solar-powered abode is renting for $199 a night on weekdays and $249 a night on weekends.
more recommended stories
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Topless Equality challenges U.S. courts on GoTopless 10th anniversary (uncensored)
Topless Equality challenges U.S. courts on.
- “In a Heartbeat” – New Animated Short Film About A Boy Coming Out
“In a Heartbeat” – Animated Short.
- The First “Bed And Bud” Cannabis Hotel In Maine,,,,
July 25, 2017 By DAN MCCARTHY In.
- Spend A Night In An Owl-Shaped Cabin In France’s Wine Country For Free
In France there is a project.
- Elberon, the high-profile Gilded Age resort you’ve never heard of
Welcome back to Period Dramas, a.
- Quebec Campground Violates Woman’s Equal Topless Right’s
Quebec campground violates woman’s equal topless.
- John Lennon Interview 1969 (I Met The Walrus)
In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic.
- South America’s first luxury sleeper train rolls through the Peruvian Andes
What is so magicalâ€”and transporting (sorry)â€”about.
- Dolce and Gabbana’s new $245 shirt trolls Melania Trump’s haters
(AP Photo/Luca Bruno) Anything associated with.