By Tim Pearce
Thousands are helping out a formerly homeless man after he rushed to help wounded children when a bomb detonated in Manchester Arena during an Ariana Grande concert May 22.
Thanks to generous donors, 35-year-old Stephen Jones now has about $57,000 U.S. dollars sitting in a JustGiving online charity account. The funds are remaining in the account while officials at JustGiving decide the best way to get him the money in a “sustainable manner … to ensure he gets the best outcome that works for him,” a JustGiving spokesman told The Sun.
In the weeks since the bombing, Jones has been living in a hotel room paid for by the co-owner of London’s West Ham United Football Club, David Sullivan, and his son. The duo are paying for the former homeless man to live in an apartment for six months, all expenses paid. Sullivan Jr. expects the tenancy agreement to be in place by the end of the week, according to a Monday tweet.
Choosing his accommodation. We aim to have a tenancy agreement in place by the end of the week. I’m going up to manc on July 1st to see him
— DAVE SULLIVAN JNR (@DaveSulley) June 12, 2017
Many have dubbed Jones the “Homeless Hero of Manchester.”
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.