May 3 2009 was Pete Seeger’s 90th birthday. The concert at Madison Square Garden was to celebrate an amazing man with an amazing wife, and an amazing life.
This was performed at the “We Are One” Presidential Inaugural Concert, January 19, 2009.
The song was written by Woodie Guthrie in 1940, first recorded by him in 1944 at Folkway Records, but not released until 1951.
Pete Seeger May 3, 1919 — January 27, 2014
Toshi Seeger July 1, 1922 — July 9, 2013
more recommended stories
- Featured video: Getting into MIT
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/how-i-got-into-mit-featured-video-00.png [embedded content] Not even Drew.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.