Building a business around your favorite childhood toy might sound like a dream — or at the very least, an unrealistic goal. But for Duncan Titmarsh, it’s a reality.
The entrepreneur has had a passion for LEGO bricks since childhood. So he launched a business out of his garden shed putting together LEGO sculptures for business clients. Since then, the business has blossomed. Bright Bricks now employs 41 staff members and built 275 LEGO sculptures just last year.
Basically, the company provides eye-catching sculptures for businesses that want to attract some attention for product launches or to celebrate events.
The team can work on sculptures featuring people, animals, skylines and basically anything their clients can imagine. The company has even made the world’s largest LEGO caravan, a replica super yacht and a working LEGO Rolls-Royce jet engine.
He Turned His Dream Job Into a Business
The company has also broken a number of world records. Based in the U.K., Bright Bricks works with companies all over the world. And doing so allows Titmarsh to live out his childhood dream of getting creative with LEGO bricks on a daily basis.
Though it is a job and a serious business to him now, the ability to get creative with projects is still his favorite part of running the business. It’s a reminder to small business owners that, while focusing on practical matters is important, following your passion can help set your brand apart.
This article, “Think This LEGO Building Business is Child’s Play? Think Again” was first published on Small Business Trends
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.