Tantalus Labs in British Columbia has been called the “Tesla of Cannabis,” and now the company is building a state-of-the-art marijuana cultivation greenhouse. The greenhouse is designed to give the plants dual benefits of both indoor and outdoor cultivation.
Tantalus Labs was established in 2012 with the goal of advancing how marijuana is cultivated, according to Yahoo Finance. Development of their greenhouse took two years. A team of engineers, scientists and designers all had a hand in the mix. Use of a greenhouse helps keep the cost of electricity down.
Founder of Tantalus Labs, Dan Sutton, said, “Why is it that this industry was driven indoors? The core reason was stealth. It’s a lot easier to hide plants in basements and in bunkers than to cultivate it in the light, because it is federally illegal.”
Tantalus Labs created an indoor cultivation space with the best practices of traditional agriculture in mind. Sutton said, “We take those core concepts and we iterate on them so we can provide consistency, not only in product output, but in [meeting] a pharmacological standard.”
What benefits their setup and the marijuana plants is that the air is cycled every seven minutes. This helps keep the air pure and the leaves of the plants healthy. Preventing mold is easier when proper air circulation occurs.
Tantalus Labs will also be recycling rain water to use for its irrigation system. All rainwater is filtered first, and then receives natural fertilizers before it is delivered to the plants.
Sutton also said, “Nature has done an excellent job of cultivating plants for the last billions of years. The closest we get to a natural strategy, the more effective we are.”
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.