U.S. Soldiers with the 554th Military Police Company, 709th Military Police Battalion, 18th Military Police Brigade participate in active shooter training in the Boeblingen Local Training Area, Boeblingen, Germany, in December 2016. TRADOC is planning to release a new mobile app that will aid Soldier training, readiness, and response to emergency situations like an active shooter incident. (U.S. Army photo by Eric Steen)
From the military services and around the DoD, hereâ€™s your SITREP for Thursday, July 13, 2017.
- Soon, soldiers and civilians will be mere taps away from contacting emergency teams in the event of an active shooter. The Army announced the winners of a competition to develop an active shooter response mobile application.
- The quick actions and medical training of sailors assigned to Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) saved the life of a civilian working aboard the ship.
- The dog days of summer are here. The Military Health System reminds us to keep our pets in mind as the temperature climbs.
- Marines with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 211 â€œWake Island Avengers,â€� 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, began participating in Red Flag 17-3 at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, this week.
- The Coast Guard blog tells the story of the secret life of Walter Handy, the man who saved the Coast Guard Reserve.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.
Check out these other posts:
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.