New research by a national marketing strategy firm has turned up some surprising findings about Gen X and Millennial cannabis consumers.
Researchers at New York-based Miner & Co. Studio recently took a deep dive into the background, opinions, and buying habits of cannabis consumers in their twenties and thirties who live in legal states. Their survey of 800 brand-aware consumers in Colorado, Washington State, and California found that 90 percent of them use cannabis as part of their wellness and self-care regimens. Only one in ten used cannabis purely for get high or stoned.
“When our researchers went out and about with [our surveyed consumers]we saw active, engaged, mindful consumers,” the firm’s president and founder, Robert Miner, told Leafly earlier this week. 84 percent hold full-time jobs. 65 percent make more than $75,000 a year. “For most of them it’s about enhancement, not intoxication.”
Here’s an infographic with some of their findings:
Miner’s firm typically works with national brands like HBO, Levi’s, Comedy Central, Barnes & Noble, Comcast, MTV, and BBC America. Their past work with cable networks led them to wonder about the media’s portrayal of cannabis consumption on television shows.
So his firm surveyed 800 cannabis consumers, between ages 25 to 39, in legal states. They focused exclusively on consumers who said they purchased branded cannabis products. (The study wasn’t an exhaustive survey of the entire market.) read more at leafly.com
more recommended stories
- Flash Flood Warning issued August 19 at 12:36AM EDT until August 19 at 2:30AM EDT by NWS
The National Weather Service in Taunton.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders â€˜must not be silenced,â€™ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.
- Getting Creative with Instagram
By Lisa Jane on Tuesday.
- A small sign in a big state shows the future is libertarian
(AP Photo) High schoolers all across.
- Leading the U.S. in Medicine Through Investment and Innovation
Source: United States Chamber Of Commerce.
- One in 10 LinkedIn Profiles is a Complete Lie, Study Finds – Takeaway for Small Business Employers
Looking to fill a job vacancy.
- An alternative to college: Ivanka unveils plans for ‘vocational, skill-based education’
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci) On Monday, Ivanka.
- 10 Things To Know For Today,,,
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania.