OCC BULLETIN 2017-49
Subject: Subsidiaries and Equity Investments
Date: October 31, 2017
To: Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Savings Associations, and Federal Branches and Agencies; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the “Subsidiaries and Equity Investments” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This booklet revises the “Investment in Subsidiaries and Equities” booklet issued in July 2008. This revised booklet updates procedures and requirements to reflect the integration of the functions of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC in 2011 and the issuance of revised regulations (12 CFR 5) that became effective July 1, 2015, addressing subsidiaries and equity investments of both national banks and federal savings associations.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks and federal savings associations.
- provides an overview of policy considerations and evaluative factors that the OCC considers when reviewing filings by both national banks and federal savings associations to establish or acquire a subsidiary or make an equity investment in a business entity.
- provides guidance on informational requirements for filings to establish various subsidiaries or make an equity investment, and the activities in which such entities may engage.
- outlines requirements and procedures that national banks and federal savings associations should follow when filing an application or notice involving subsidiaries and equity investments.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample forms and documents that prospective filers may find useful during the filing process.
- incorporates revised regulatory requirements for subsidiary and equity investment filings following the integration of the functions of the Office of Thrift Supervision into the OCC.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Manager for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing
Source: Google Alerts
more recommended stories
Hawaii Panics After Alert About Incoming Missile Is Sent in Error
Advertisement An early-morning emergency alert mistakenly.
Substantial Growth Seen In Qatar Investments In France
Qatari investments in France “have grown.
Why Was A Baltimore Patient Discharged At A Bus Stop In Just A Gown?
A Baltimore hospital has started an.
A Steady Run on Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
BY CARRIE RIVERS ON JANUARY 9, 2018 MICRO CAP.
Rescuers Search Montecito for Mudslide Survivors as Death Toll Reaches 15
CARPINTERIA, Calif. — The authorities in.
Oil Hits Highest Since May 2015 Above $68 On Tighter Market
FILE PHOTO: A pump jack operates.