Remarks as prepared for delivery.
Good afternoon. My name is Loren Cannon, and I am the special agent in charge of the FBI in Oregon.
The loss of life from this event is a tragedy. In response, we are all doing what we can to bring some measure of justice to those who have suffered.
The FBI shares a long and deep partnership with the Portland Police Bureau [PPB]. This relationship gives us the foundation on which we work together and share information to best protect our community. It’s too early to say whether last night’s violence was an act of domestic terrorism or a federal hate crime. However, in the coming days, the FBI, PPB, and the prosecutors will work together to share information, leverage resources, and make determinations about future criminal charges. PPB is the lead investigative agency, and we are honored to support their investigation in any way we can.
To those community members affected by this violence—in particular, the families of the Good Samaritans heroes and our neighbors in the Muslim and African-American communities—we stand with you. We won’t allow these acts to go unanswered.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.