Ten people suffered injuries of varying severity as a result of this crash and have been transported to Massachusetts General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center, and other area hospitals.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. At this preliminary point in the investigation, there is no information that suggests the crash was intentional. The driver is currently being interviewed by State Police. We have seized his cab for further investigation. Our Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section and Crimes Scene Services Section are on-scene assisting investigators and troopers from Troop F.
The cab pool is currently closed to facilitate the ongoing investigation.
See below for initial release.
Massachusetts State Police Media Release – 07032017 – State Police Investigating Taxi Crash Injuring Pedestrians in East Boston
At approximately 1:40 p.m. a taxi cab drove into a group of people standing outside a building at the cab pool at Logan Airport, located at 48 Porter St., East Boston.
Several pedestrians have been injured; injuries range in severity from serious to minor. Victims have been transported to Boston hospitals.
The area where the people were standing is a break area utilized by cab drivers.
Troopers are interviewing the cab driver, a 56-year-old Cambridge man. His identity is not being released at this time.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More information will be released when appropriate to do so.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Governor Baker Signs Fiscal Year 2018 Budget
BOSTON â€“ Today Governor Charlie Baker.
- Baker-Polito Administration Establishes Latino Advisory Commission
BOSTON Governor Charlie Baker today signed.
- Hemp Technologies Boston Hempcrete Workshop
Join @[117246928309459:274:HEMP TECHNOLOGIES], builders of the.
- At Houston Assisted Living Facility, Resident With Alzheimer’s Recreates Her 1945 Seventeen Magazine Ad
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SeventeenMagazineApril1945_Featured-150x150.jpg Heading into the holiday weekend,.
- Mass State State House Reps And Senators Who Opposed Marijuana Legalization
Below is a list of politicians.
- Baker-Polito Administration Celebrates Benefits of 150 Miles of New Trails for Walking and Biking
DENNIS, MA Continuing to prioritize a.
- ACTION ITEM – Call Senator Richard Ross 617-722-1555
ACTION ITEM – Call Senator Richard.
- Baker-Polito Administration Awards $2.3 Million to Sustain Heroin and Opioid Crime Reduction Efforts
BOSTONThe Baker-Polito Administration is awarding $2.3.
- Governor Baker Addresses Commonwealthâ€™s Commitment to Growth in Life Sciences
SAN DIEGO Today, Governor Charlie.