What is so magicalâ€”and transporting (sorry)â€”about train travel? Itâ€™s quaint, glamorous, and calls to mind the days of old Hollywood black-and-white movies, in addition to simply being a great way to travel, commute, or get inspired. Also, some train stations are downright beautiful, which helps with the romance factor.
Taking advantage of all these aspects is the Belmond Andean Explorer, a new luxury sleeper train and the first ever of its kind in South America, which takes passengers on one- or two-night excursions through the Peruvian Andes, from Cusco to Lake Titicaca to Puno.
The interiors were designed by Inge Moore and Nathan Hitchins of London-based design firm Muza Lab, who envisioned the Explorer as a place to â€œponder and dream, a space where the beauty of the land can infuse the soul,â€� Moore told Yatzer.
The sixteen-carriage train accommodates 48 passengers in four cabin types, each of which features an ensuite bathroom and shower and a decorating scheme that combines classic architectural elements like wood paneling with handwoven Andean accents in bold colors and sumptuous textures.
In addition to the sleeping cars are a piano bar car, observation car offering 360-degree-views of the landscape, a library, boutique, and dining accommodationsâ€”all named after Peruvian flora and fauna.
more recommended stories
- The First “Bed And Bud” Cannabis Hotel In Maine,,,,
July 25, 2017 By DAN MCCARTHY In.
- Spend A Night In An Owl-Shaped Cabin In France’s Wine Country For Free
In France there is a project.
- Tiny Houses For Rent Let You Escape To Scenic Pockets Of Australia
Shacky, a new startup launching in.
- Backpacking: A step-by-step guide to planning your next trip
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Backpacking1-1.jpgPlanning a trip can be a.
- Destination Round-Up: East Coast USA Holidays
https://www.trips100.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/globe-1311758_1920-300x199.jpg We love asking our travel.
- Airstream 2 Go lets you try camper life on for size
Since they debuted in the 1930s,.
- The Meaning Of Hitchhiking: Inspiring Quotes About Traveling By Thumb
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HitchhikingMeaning2.jpgBY: TIM O’NEAL The thought of.
- Pyongyang luxury hotel gets more modern, less Soviet, style
In this Monday, April 10, 2017,.
- Bhang Travel Inc. Brings Cannabis Education to the High Seas
It started at the best of.
- Tapping the Tourism Potential of Pot: Lessons From a New Gold Rush
By Bailey Baumann | Published: March.