A reboot of Roots, the 1977 miniseries based on Alex Haley’s novel, debuts Monday on History, A&E and Lifetime. Snoop Dogg will definitely not be watching.
The rapper posted an expletive-laced video message to Instagram on Monday criticizing films and television shows that focused on slavery and calling on his fans to boycott the four-part miniseries.
“No disrespect, but I can’t watch no motherfucking more black movies where n——s get dogged down… They going to just to keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh? I mean, I don’t understand America, they just wanna keep showing the abuse that we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago, but guess what? We’re taking the same abuse. Think about that part. When are y’all gonna make a motherfucking series about the success that black folks is having?” Read more…
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.