We all know Americans are embracing marijuana more than ever right now. But you’d probably expect that mostly young people are embracing cannabis. But it turns out the fastest growing group of marijuana users is seniors.
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, marijuana use amongst older people in the United States is increasing more than any other demographic. In the past ten years, cannabis use amongst 50 to 64 year-olds increased 57.8 percent and 250 percent amongst people 64-years-old or older. To be fair, it’s still the vast minority of senior citizens using marijuana. According to the survey, only 7.1 percent of 50 to 64 year-olds use cannabis products, and only 1.4 percent of people over 64.
There are a few explanations for this growth. One would be the increasingly legality of medical marijuana for many ailments that affect older people. Another would be that older people are also changing their mindsets about the dangers of marijuana.
Of some possible concern is that in addition to an increase in marijuana use amongst seniors, there was also an increase in binge drinking. Researchers behind the study said that seniors need to be careful when smoking pot or drinking alcohol because the risk of falls or negative side-effects from prescription medicines increases when using either.
So next time you’re over at Grandma’s house, don’t be too surprised if there’s a strong smell that isn’t her homemade cookies.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- How Schools Are Making Big Money On ‘ADD/ADHD’
How Schools Are Making Big.
- Satanic Temple Aligns With Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood rally. (Youtube screenshot/Secular.
- How to Train (and Conquer) Like Wonder Woman
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170914163151-wonderwoman.jpeg During her early days on.
- Massachusetts Marijuana Regulatory Board Finalized; 4 of 5 members Were Against Legalization
Published: Sep 1, 2017, 3:14 pm.