Washington, DC – Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), member of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, issued the following statement tonight:
“The use of chemical weapons against innocent Syrian men, women, and children is a clear violation of international law. The Syrian regime must be held accountable for this horrific act, and its actions underscore why the United States should embrace innocent people who are fleeing in terror.
“But the Constitution gives the power to authorize the use of military force to the legislative branch. Expanded military intervention in Syria requires action by Congress. If President Trump expects such an authorization, he owes the American people an explanation of his strategy to bring an end to the violence in Syria. We should not escalate this conflict without clear goals and a plan to achieve them.”
more recommended stories
- Warren, Neal, Dozens of Members of Congress Introduce Refund Equality Act to Provide Equal Tax Treatment for Married Same-Sex Couples
Fact Sheet (PDF) Bill Text (PDF).
- Elizabeth Warren Says Dems Need Help From the Republican Side to Stop Trumpcare in the Senate
Elizabeth Warren may have been silenced,.
- Ernst, Warren Seek to Rectify Unequal Pay for Servicemembers
Bill Text (PDF) Washington, D.C. –.
- Senators Warren and Grassley Submit Public Comments Praising Inclusion of Medical Device UDI on Health Insurance Claims Forms
Text of the letter available here.
- Senator Warren Launches DeVos Watch Oversight Effort to Strengthen Accountability of Federal Student Aid Program
Read Senator Warren’s op-ed at CNN.com.
- Boston Globe Op-Ed: Elizabeth Warren: We Owe Our Veterans Quality Education And Good Jobs
When I was growing up, Memorial.
- Warren: Trump Budget Devastating to Massachusetts Families and Economy
Washington, DC – Senator Warren.
- Sens. Warren, Markey, and Reps. Neal, Lynch, Tsongas, Keating, Kennedy and Moulton Announce over $1.25 Million in Grants to Massachusetts Fire Departments
Washington, D.C. – United States Senators.
- Sen. Warren, Rep. Courtney Introduce Student Loan Refinancing Legislation with Vast Democratic Support in Senate and House
http://www.warren.senate.gov/files/images/EW-and-student.jpg Fact Sheet (PDF) Bill.
- Sens. Warren, Markey, and Reps. Neal, Capuano, Keating, and Moulton Announce Nearly $900k in Grants to Massachusetts Fire Departments
Washington, D.C. – United States Senators Elizabeth.