U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders is coming to Missouri this month to lecture at Westminster College in Fulton.
Sanders, who made an unsuccessful bid for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016, will lecture on American leadership in a time of global crisis.
The senator will be delivering the John Findley Green Foundation lecture at 11 a.m. Sept. 21 as part of a two-day gathering at Westminster for discussion of global affairs. Tickets will be limited to students, staff, faculty, alumni and invited guests, said Kurt Jefferson, director of the symposium.
The Green lecture was established in 1936 as a memorial to John Findley Green, a St. Louis attorney, and is designed to promote understanding of economic and social problems of international concern.
Sanders joins a list of world leaders, including Winston Churchill, Mikhail Gorbachev and Ronald Reagan, who have given lectures on the small college campus, located a few miles south east of Columbia.
Sander lost his bid for the presidency to Hillary Clinton, but his run for that office created a movement of political activism among young Americans. Throughout his campaign, Sanders appealed to young voters with his calls for universal health care and free college.
Source: Google Alerts
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Netanyahu at the U.N.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.