(BOSTON) – A year into her tenure, Secretary Marylou Sudders today announced staffing additions and promotions within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
“I am pleased to work with a talented and dedicated team who together accomplish the goals and objectives of the Executive Office of Health and Human Services,” said Sudders. “We must continue to improve upon the work we have done thus far for the one in four residents in the Commonwealth that our services touch.”
Sudders has created two new positions to complement the existing executive structure: Undersecretary of Human Services and Assistant Secretary of Communications and External Affairs. Patti Mackin will step into this newly created role of Undersecretary of Human Services. Mackin was previously Chief of Staff.
Leslie Darcy has been promoted to Chief of Staff and will continue to work on important policy matters including opioids.
In April, Sharon Torgerson will join EOHHS as the new Assistant Secretary of Communications and External Affairs. Torgerson currently serves as the Director of Public Relations at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and prior to that served as Director of Public Relations at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. Michelle Hillman, Deputy Director of Communications, is being promoted to Director of Communications.
Nick Dantzer has been promoted to Chief Financial Officer and Monica McEnrue has been recruited as Budget Director. Dantzer has served as Budget Director for Financial Analysis at EOHHS since August. Prior to joining EOHHS, Dantzer held positions at the Executive Office for Administration and Finance, most recently as Assistant Budget Director. McEnrue is currently a senior fiscal policy analyst at the Executive Office for Administration and Finance.
more recommended stories
- Special Weather Statement issued August 23 at 2:11AM EDT by NWS
…A developing strong thunderstorm in northern.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders â€˜must not be silenced,â€™ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.
- Getting Creative with Instagram
By Lisa Jane on Tuesday.
- A small sign in a big state shows the future is libertarian
(AP Photo) High schoolers all across.
- Leading the U.S. in Medicine Through Investment and Innovation
Source: United States Chamber Of Commerce.
- One in 10 LinkedIn Profiles is a Complete Lie, Study Finds – Takeaway for Small Business Employers
Looking to fill a job vacancy.
- An alternative to college: Ivanka unveils plans for ‘vocational, skill-based education’
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci) On Monday, Ivanka.
- 10 Things To Know For Today,,,
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania.