Reality television star Kim Kardashian West made headlines this week for depicting herself as the Virgin Mary.
On the “Kimoji” application — the official Kim Kardashian emoji app for iPhone and Android — multiple Instagram posts Thursday displayed Kim’s likeness on Virgin Mary images.
“You and your husband need to stop thinking you guys are gods.”
Kardashian West, 36, appeared to have celebrated 4/20 (“Weed Day”) with psychedelic images of herself as Virgin Mary. The Kimoji Instagram posts promoted new merchandise for sale on kimoji.com, including a “Kimoji” Virgin Mary candle selling for $18.
“We’ve never seen any indication that Kim Kardashian venerates the Blessed Virgin Mary — she is a former porn star— so her latest headline-grabbing stunt can only be seen as exploitative,” Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, wrote on the Catholic civil rights organization’s website.
“When Kim blesses u with that 420 drop,” one caption on the Kimoji Instagram account states.
Kardashian West also tweeted out an image of the Virgin Mary candle on her personal (and verified) Twitter account.
“Holy moly!” US Weekly notes. “Kim Kardashian was slammed by fans online after she released a new Kimoji candle.”
Kardashian West received backlash on social media from followers who were not happy about the “inappropriate” and “disrespectful” nature of the candle.
Disapproving tweets came not only from Catholics and people of faith — but from those claiming not to be religious.
Multiple Twitter users even brought the star’s husband, rapper Kayne West, into the discussion.
“Kim, take this down … you and your husband need to stop thinking you guys are gods,” tweeted Melissa Adamari (@MelAdamari).
In 2015, the couple had their now 3-year-old daughter, North West, baptized at the Cathedral of Saint James Armenian Apostolic church in Jerusalem.
The Virgin Mary images did not stop online.
While filming Thursday for the TV series “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” Kardashian West sparked attention in a sheer black dress with a bedazzled Virgin Mary image plastered on her chest.
“The sheer dress put Kardashian West’s nude underwear on full display,” People Magazine noted.
“We know that she and her family have been through a lot — their problems are mostly self-induced — but that is no excuse for ripping off Catholic iconography to make a quick buck and grab headline news,” Catholic League’s Donohue wrote.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.