23:20 04 June 2016
Rod Stewart fans have described the singer’s UK tour launch in Norwich as “an excellent evening with an amazing atmosphere”.
The Maggie May singer kicked off his UK Hits 2016 tour at Carrow Road on Saturday night, sailing through old classics and new material in front of thousands of fans.
He also dedicated Angel to boxer Muhammad Ali, who died yesterday aged 74.
The night ended with a bang, as fireworks erupted from the stage.
As they left, happy fans said the show had been brilliant “from start to finish”.
For Joan Phillips, 75, the concert was one of many of Rod’s that she has travelled around England to see.
The Great Yarmouth grandmother said: “I just think he is wonderful and I have been a fan for decades.
“He was brilliant tonight as he always is and we had a really good time. I have seen him all over the country and it was lovely to see him at home.”
Kate Shaw, 34, who attended with friend Georgia Lowe, 35, said: “It was great, he was very good and seemed to enjoy being here.
“It was a cool experience to be at a concert in the middle of the pitch as well.”
Yvette Cooper, MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford, tweeted to say: “Brilliant @rodstewart concert at Carrow Road tonight. Sailing and flying still.”
Social media users reported hearing the concert from as far away as Hellesdon, Dereham Road and the NR2 postcode area.
• What did you think of the concert? Let us know by tweeting @EDP24 and @eveningnews or leave your comments below.
more recommended stories
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- North Carolina Green Party Supports Durham Protesters, Removal Of Confederate Monuments
The North Carolina Green Party.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.