Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who made news earlier this year for quitting her high-level position with the Democratic National Committee because she couldn’t remain neutral and wanted to publicly endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders, will be speaking at the Reason Rally next month.
Gabbard, a twice-deployed combat veteran and rising star in the Democratic Party, will join Maryland congressional candidate (and current State Senator) Jamie Raskin at the event; they’re the only politicians — so far — to agree to speak to the atheist audience.
“I look forward to participating in the upcoming Reason Rally at the Lincoln Memorial on June 4th,” said Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02). “Freedom of religion, the freedom of each individual to follow or not follow any particular spiritual path, is the birthright of every one of us and it is wonderfully enshrined in our country’s constitution.”
It’s a wonderful sign that Gabbard, the only Hindu in Congress, and Raskin, who’s openly Jewish yet non-theistic, are willing to speak at the Rally. It sends an important message that separation of church and state is not just for those of us without religion; it’s good policy for the entire country.
(Screenshot via YouTube)
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Headlines for August 21, 2017
Massive protests against white supremacy spread.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.