After initial reports of a professor’s tweets calling for the hanging of President Trump and the execution of Republicans, the professor in question is doubling down on his words.
California State University-Fresno professor Lars Maischak defended his tweets that present a unique double standard to how Democratic and Republican presidents are treated in the academic settings and the level of outrage that follows.
After not initially reprimanding the professor, CSU-Fresno has now opened an investigation to review the tweets sent by Maischak.
CSU-Fresno President Joseph Castro released a statement saying, “Professor Maischak’s personal views and commentary, with its inclusion of violent and threatening language, is obviously inconsistent with the core values of our University.”
Maischak defended his tweets and his honor by releasing his own statement.
“I am appalled that the president of the university is allowing himself to be instrumentalized for a right-wing smear campaign,” Maischak said. “Specifically, the suggestion that I had made ‘potential direct threats of violence that may violate the law’ is unwarranted. It constitutes an embrace by the university of the claims made by right-wing propaganda outlets.”
While Maischak plays the victim card, perhaps he could take a lesson from someone he might admire in Bernie Sanders when he said, “Never tweet.”
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Special Weather Statement issued August 23 at 2:11AM EDT by NWS
…A developing strong thunderstorm in northern.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders â€˜must not be silenced,â€™ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.
- Getting Creative with Instagram
By Lisa Jane on Tuesday.
- A small sign in a big state shows the future is libertarian
(AP Photo) High schoolers all across.
- Leading the U.S. in Medicine Through Investment and Innovation
Source: United States Chamber Of Commerce.
- One in 10 LinkedIn Profiles is a Complete Lie, Study Finds – Takeaway for Small Business Employers
Looking to fill a job vacancy.
- An alternative to college: Ivanka unveils plans for ‘vocational, skill-based education’
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci) On Monday, Ivanka.
- 10 Things To Know For Today,,,
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania.