Nearly half of millennials supporting Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are thinking about backing a third-party candidate, according to data and local discussion on Yik Yak, a location-based social network.
The poll — which asked Sanders supporters whether the Vermont senator’s endorsement of presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton changed their opinion — found that 48 percent of respondents said they would vote for a third-party option.
Another 39 percent said they would support Clinton and 13 percent said they may support presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.
The poll surveyed 2,000 self-identified Sanders supporters from July 12-13. The margin of error is 1.8 percent. Yik Yak has a 98 percent millennial user base.
Sanders endorsed Clinton earlier this week after a contentious primary campaign. The Vermont independent said he intends to do everything possible to make sure Clinton is the next president of the United States.
Another Yik Yak survey asked users who they would find most appealing on both Clinton and Trump’s tickets.
The survey found that 55 percent of millennials hope that former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) is chosen as Trump’s running mate and 27 percent are hoping that New Jersey Chris Christie is picked. Just 8 percent are rooting for Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
For Clinton’s running mate, 74 percent of millennials said they hoped the presumptive Democratic nominee would choose Elizabeth Warren.
The results were based on a poll of 2,500 millennials on Yik Yak.
more recommended stories
- Debate: As Trump Prolongs War in Afghanistan, Should U.S. Pull Out Troops Immediately?
In a prime-time address on Monday,.
- Predicting Trump Wonâ€™t Last Full Term, Alec Baldwin Speaks Out on Impersonating the President
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..