By Jonah Bennett
Police have finally found the escaped and dangerous convict David Watson in Maryland after a six-day manhunt.
Howard County Police discovered Watson surviving off of puddle water and food from trash cans Wednesday evening about a half a mile from a hospital parking lot where he had originally escaped, The Baltimore Sun reports.
Police were transporting Watson to the maximum security Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center when he managed to escape Friday from the hands of Wicomico County Detention Center guards. Watson was on his way to the forensic psychiatric hospital for an evaluation.
Police don’t think Watson planned the escape, but rather believe it was spontaneous.
“Yesterday was a major breakthrough for us,” Howard County Police Chief Gary L. Gardner told reporters Thursday morning.
According to Gardner, Watson traveled in various directions up to a mile away from the hospital, a fact established by Watson’s own footprints, as well as bloodhound dogs tracking him.
“He had been covering an area anywhere from one to two miles in either direction from the actual site from where the escape occurred,” Gardner added.
When police finally found Watson in a drainage pipe Wednesday, he cooperated with authorities immediately. Police subsequently charged Watson with escape and assault. Once paperwork processing is over, authorities will ship Watson off to a maximum-security prison in Delaware. Watson is already serving a 106-year sentence in Delaware for attempted murder.
For Howard County, the news of Watson’s capture was a relief.
“We appreciate what our law enforcement has done to secure this person. It certainly was a challenge for them,” Howard County Executive Allan Kittleman said.
“They have not left any stone unturned,” Kittleman added. “They never stopped.”
Send tips to [email protected].
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.