New Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez didn’t rule out a Hillary Clinton run for the presidency in 2020 on Sunday.
Perez, speaking on ABC, was asked about Clinton’s continued political statements in the wake of her 2016 defeat to President Trump, including just before the vote for the new DNC chairman Saturday. He said she can run if she wants.
“Everyone who wants to run should run,” he said of the 2020 Democratic primary. “And, I’m confident we’re going to have a robust field of candidates.”
Perez wasn’t much focused on the presidential race Sunday morning, instead touting a win in a special election for the Delaware State Senate Saturday night. That election could have swung the balance of power in the state’s upper chamber, but the Democratic candidate won a convincing victory.
Perez said that’s the kind of race he’s going to be worried about in the future.
He emphasized that the party leadership was united and that he planned to use Rep. Keith Ellison, the Minnesota Democrat who finished in second in the race for DNC chair, as a partner going forward.
Ellison was seen as the pick of the progressive wing of the party and many progressives were upset about his defeat on Saturday. Perez said he and Ellison are very much alike in their values systems and they’ll try to make the DNC better reflect those viewpoints.
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Headlines for August 21, 2017
Massive protests against white supremacy spread.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.