Susan Walsh / AP
The comments were red meat to conservatives but varied only slightly from Pence’s usual stump speech.
Pence echoed campaign trail promises from then-candidate Donald Trump that the replacement to Obamacare would allow Americans to buy healthcare over state lines. Congressional Republicans released a broad outline of a
new health care plan last week, but it was thin on details.
The vice president also pushed for a states’ rights approach to health care that allows local governments “to take care of the least fortunate in the best way that will work in their state and their community.”
The vice president also spoke passionately about Israel, promising that “under President Trump, America will stand with Israel.” He did not elaborate on the Trump administration’s vision for an end to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
Pence mixed comedy with conservative bluster in his remarks and used part of the speech to whet the audience’s appetite for Trump’s speech at the conference Friday morning.
Contrasting himself with the president, Pence quipped that Trump was “known for his bigger than life personality, charm, and charisma. And I’m, like, not.”
more recommended stories
- Debate: As Trump Prolongs War in Afghanistan, Should U.S. Pull Out Troops Immediately?
In a prime-time address on Monday,.
- Predicting Trump Wonâ€™t Last Full Term, Alec Baldwin Speaks Out on Impersonating the President
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..