On Wednesday, electronics store Best Buy quietly launched the online purchase page for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, just a few weeks after the retailer made the device available in limited quantities at its brick and mortar locations.
The device is listed at the normal price of $599.99 and offers free shipping, however, anxious VR fans obviously acted quickly, because the page already lists the device as “sold out.”
Nevertheless, based on the rapid sell out on Best Buy’s site, there’s at least enough demand out there to keep the Oculus production lines running at full steam, even if that doesn’t necessarily spell a huge hit.
In the meantime, if you’ve been looking to snag the elusive and well-reviewed VR headset, you now have yet another option to check in on as you attempt to get your virtual fix.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.
- Switzerland Supermarkets to Begin Selling CBD Joints
Swiss tobacco producer, Heimat, branched out.
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.
- IS Attack Underscores Fragility Of Iraqi Security Forces
Iraqi Special Forces soldiers walk to.