Monday, March 27, 2017
A number of at-home pregnancy tests were recalled in Australia last week after customers and clinics concluded false negative results were received. A market-wide investigation made by the(TGA) concluded that five commercially available products displayed false negative results. A further nine products were taken off the shelf after the suppliers chose to withdraw local sales rather than provide information to the TGA.
The One Step HCG urine pregnancy test came to the attention of the TGA after a family planning clinic reported three cases of false negative readings of the test. After further analysis, the TGA discovered the pregnancy tests were incapable of picking upwhich is an early indicator of pregnancy. Of the twenty-seven products analysed, twenty-two were deemed accurate and reliable. The TGA said in a media release on Wednesday that the five products that failed the test were “subjected to a range of regulatory actions”.
Erin Turner, head of policy at the Consumer Advocacy Group,said the results are “astounding.” “Anyone who has bought a test that is affected by the recalls should approach the retailer for a refund and, importantly, see a doctor for further medical advice.” said Turner. “Whatever result you’re hoping for, it’s essential that pregnancy tests are accurate and trustworthy.”
While five products were named, the TGA have yet to announce the names of the other nine products taken off the shelves.
Source: Wiki News
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.