Nevada lawmakers have decided to expedite the implementation of legalized recreational marijuana in the state. Initially, it was projected that the law would be operational in early 2018, but now they’ll begin issuing temporary licenses on July 1, 2017.
Temporary licenses are to be in place by July so that Nevada’s medical marijuana dispensaries can start selling recreational marijuana to adults 21 and older, according to Las Vegas Review-Journal. Permanent regulations will be in place by year’s end.
Nevada Department of Taxation executive director Deonne Contine said, “The idea is that we would get going pretty quickly.”
The state is relying on the medical marijuana program to act as the temporary source for recreational marijuana until December 31, 2017, or 30-days after finalized regulations take effect, whichever occurs first. A hearing to adopt temporary regulations is scheduled for May 8.
Applications will begin to be accepted in May after adoption of the temporary regulations takes place. Governor Sandoval signed an executive order requiring a 16-member taskforce to operate statewide in developing proper regulations.
The task force will hold meetings on a monthly basis until April. Their report will be due in May.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.