Medical marijuana dispensaries in Nevada will be able to start selling recreational cannabis as soon as July 1, a move that will provide a huge boost to the state’s MMJ industry and create tens of millions of dollars in sales this year.
Most of the state’s 190 licensed medical cannabis dispensaries, cultivation sites and processing businesses are currently in good standing – defined as going at least six months without having their permit suspended – according to the Las Vegas Sun.
Proponents hope the “early start” program will help medical cannabis firms recoup the substantial amount of money they spent to launch and remain operational, while also allowing the state to start collecting tax dollars tied to rec sales, the Nevada Independent reported.
Temporary recreational licenses given to dispensaries will expire on Jan. 1, 2018, when the full adult-use program is expected to launch.
Oregon previously implemented a similar program after legalizing recreational marijuana, permitting MMJ businesses to sell adult-use products earlier than planned.
more recommended stories
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.
- Volunteers Sought For Reading Of The Names At The Vietnam Memorial On It’s 35th Anniversary.
When the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was.