GARDNERVILLE, Nev. — The Douglas County Planning Commission has voted to ban the sale of marijuana throughout the county.
The amendment the panel approved unanimously Tuesday prohibits “marijuana establishments” in all the county’s zoning districts. It now must be considered by the full county commission.
It’s been legal since Jan. 1 for adults in Nevada to possess up to an ounce of marijuana for personal consumption but state rules regulating the sale at recreational pot outlets aren’t expected to be in place before summer.
Medical marijuana dispensaries already are prohibited in Douglas County.
The (Gardnerville) Record-Courier reports the zoning amendment applies to cultivation, testing, product manufacturing and distribution facilities, as well as retail dispensaries.
Last month in southern Nevada, the Henderson City Council passed a six-month moratorium on sales of marijuana for recreational use.
Information from: Gardnerville Record-Courier
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.