The upset caused by GOP President-elect Donald Trump’s astounding and unexpected victory has sent largely liberal communities spiraling into depression and suicidal ideations, according to crisis hotlines.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline was flooded with calls after Trump’s win Tuesday evening, far exceeding call volume from the presidential elections in 2012 and 2008.
“The Lifeline did see an increase in calls over the past few days,” Director of Communications Frances Gonzalez told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “When feelings of loss and anxiety occur due to a major national, regional, or community event, that can aggravate other anxieties or feelings of loss people may be having that are not necessarily election-related.”
What these people are concerned and scared about is that the leftward march under the Obama administration will begin to rapidly recede once Trump takes office.
more recommended stories
- Ancient Earth’s Hot Interior Created Graveyard Of Continental Slabs
http://news.mit.edu/sites/mit.edu.newsoffice/files/styles/article_cover_image_original/public/images/2017/MIT-Sinking-Slabs-1.jpg Plate tectonics has shaped the.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- Dashcam Video Shows Cops Searching Woman’s Vagina For 11 Minutes, Lawyer Says
The attorney says it amounts to.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.