An abortion rights advocacy group is getting roasted on Twitter for posting an ironic tweet that completely lacked self-awareness.
On Saturday, the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL) gathered in protest around the country to voice their opposition to Supreme Court nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch.
In essence, NARAL believes Gorsuch’s pro-life stance will lead to him to overturn landmark decisions like abortion like Roe v. Wade, which extended women’s legal authority to have an abortions legally. However, during his confirmations hearings, Gorsuch said Roe v. Wade “has been reaffirmed many times, I can say that.”
This still didn’t sit well with NARAL, which protested the confirmation regardless. The protest they call “The People’s Defense” took place in 14 states and Washington D.C. because, “Neil Gorsuch has shown time and time again that he cannot be trusted to provide impartial judgment on cases that affect our most vulnerable communities.”
NARAL posted some photos of their nationwide protest. However, none of them caught the eye of NARAL’s critics than the one featuring a mother speaking at the podium holding her infant son with a caption that read, “This is baby Dean’s 1st protest. His mom doesn’t know what his future holds—but she DOES know that this Court won’t protect him. #WeObject”
— NARAL (@NARAL) April 1, 2017
Twitter let them have it.
@NARAL Dean should feel lucky his mommy let him live long enough to witness her advocating for killing babies..
— Jim Branch (@jamesbranch3) April 1, 2017
@NARAL Baby Dean looks like he is looking for a mother who won’t kill his brother
— Honky Tonk Jew (@HonkyTonkJew) April 1, 2017
What does he need protection from? He’s already born, so you’ve stopped trying to kill him. Or have you? https://t.co/Ojv6xHBUEN
— Real Howard Wall (@HJWallEcon) April 1, 2017
You are right, the Court refused to protect him. Thankfully he survived until birth. https://t.co/3shO6sjQTg
— El Duderino (@__elduderino__) April 1, 2017
— Jeremy (@The_Smirker) April 1, 2017
According to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the Senate will vote to confirm Gorsuch this week.
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermontâ€™s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 â€“ U.S..
- “Vile, Hateful & Racist”: A Fargo Family Disowns White Supremacist Relative After Charlottesville
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Life After Hate: Trump Admin Stops Funding Former Neo-Nazis Who Now Fight White Supremacy
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Not Policing The USA
In America you’re innocent until proven.
- Ethics Watchdog Files Complaint Against Wasserman Schultz
The Foundation for Accountability and Civic.
- Big-name union supporters speak out with vote less than two days away
CANTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) –.
- Maine Governor Begs Feds to “Bring the Hammer Down” on His Own State
Gov. Paul LePage is doing it.
- Senate Committee Votes to Continue Protections for Medical Marijuana States
A vote was taken at the.
- Court Rules Against Politician Who Banned Access to Her Facebook Page
Facebook page of Virginia county politician.