Becky Nichols didn’t set out to start a successful business. She just wanted to give sick kids something to eat, filling a need she understands the importance of on a very personal level.
An Inspiring Small Business Story
Nichols is the founder of Loving Libbie Foundation, an organization that runs Libbieâ€™s Funtime Foodtruck. The food vehicle is a converted FedEx truck that serves comfort food. But it doesn’t just show up at festivals and busy street corners. It also focuses on delivering meals to children in hospitals and medical clinics.
Nichols started the food truck last year after an angel donor invested in her foundation. But the idea came to her long before that. Nichols daughter, Libbie battled cancer and passed away at just five years old.
During her battle with cancer, Libbie struggled with appetite issues and getting enough to eat. Nichols would often make mac and cheese for her to ensure she got enough calories. And that’s the food that started the whole idea for the food truck.
Now, the food truck also provides catering services for weddings and other events, with the proceeds going to fund the organization’s main mission — feeding sick kids.
This may not be a for-profit venture. But there’s still a business lesson to be learned. Nichols knew personally about this need for giving good comfort food to children struggling with cancer and similar ailments. And she was able to fill that need.
Image: Loving Libbie Foundation
This article, “Mother’s Love Creates a Service Aimed at a Very Special Need” was first published on Small Business Trends
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.