Vogue magazine writer Lynn Yaeger piled on the media criticism of Melania Trump on Tuesday for wearing a pair of towering pointy-toed snakeskin heels while she headed out to survey the disaster in Texas.
The writer of the anti-Trump piece said she spotted a photo of the first lady leaving the White House and launched into a rant about Mrs. Trump’s choice of shoes for boarding Air Force One.
Yaeger began her piece with a verbal eye-roll: “Oh, Melania.”
She continued with a reference to the first lady’s “plagiarizing Michelle Obama in her convention speech” and her hypocrisy in marrying “the greatest cyberbully” while making a platform of crusading against bullying. “And now this!” wrote Yaeger.
“While the nation is riveted by images of thousands of Texans wading with their possessions … Melania Trump is heading to visit them in footwear that is a challenge to walk in on dry land,” Yaeger ranted.
“What kind of message does a fly-in visit from a first lady in sky-high stilettos send to those suffering the enormous hardship, the devastation of this natural disaster?”
Yaeger closed her piece with a question: “Why, oh why, can’t this administration get anything, even a pair of shoes, right?”
Others followed Yaeger’s line of thinking and piled on the first lady for her presumed footwear for the Texas trip.
A White House spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that Melania Trump had other shoes that she planned to change into on the plane.
When President Trump arrived in Texas, the first lady was wearing a new outfit and white sneakers as she exited Air Force One.
It should go without saying that there are some in the media and the public who need to check their hysteria. Yaeger and others lost their minds over a pair of shoes that didn’t even end up staying on the first lady’s feet. Take a breath.
And think. The president and his wife flew to hard-hit Texas to help people and be there for them. In a crisis, some in the media hyperventilate about … a pair of shoes?
For once, time to see things as they truly are and focus on what matters.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.