McDonald’s is re-engineering the straw — to sell you its newest iteration of the Big Mac.
In a commercial reminiscent of Apple’s often parodied Jony Ive ads, Jeffrey Roy, “a person with a British accent,” walks viewers through the engineering feat that is the STRAW.
The STRAW (Suction Tube for Reverse Axial Withdrawal) uses aerospace technology to deliver “two shake flavors to your mouth” at once. This, of course, is perfect for McDonald’s seasonal Chocolate Shamrock Shake. Convenient, right?
Roy reminds viewers that this “spectacularly unnecessary product” is just one of McDonald’s great engineering accomplishments, like — you guessed it — the Big Mac and other revamped menu items.
While the Jony Ive parody is certainly not new, the commercial is part of McDonald’s overall update of its stores and menus — an attempt to appeal to millennial customers.
While the commercial itself may be a joke, the STRAW is real. And it’s available for purchase if you’re lucky enough to live near these stores.
more recommended stories
- Imagine If The Media Covered Alcohol Like Other Drugs
Updated by German Lopez @germanrlopez firstname.lastname@example.org Jun 28,.
- Apply These 10 Techniques to Improve Your Business Handshake
Making a good impression in any.
- Bing Rolls Out Mobile Ad Targeting Now on Par With Google
Bing Ads fully rolled out the.
- 5 Strategies for Getting Press for Your Small Business
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20151015142223-working-man-phone-call-computer-internet-laptop.jpeg Small business owners have a.
- Rob Gronkowski Wants You To Give Your Dad A Beef Jerky Tie For Father’s Day
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/rob-gronkowski.jpgby Zack Cox on Mon, Jun.
- Small Business Trends Magazine Marketing Edition Is Here — Get a Free Copy with Exclusive Content Today!
The latest edition of Small Business.
- Startup Company Brings Pharmaceutical Ads to Your Doctor’s Waiting Room
As if the barrage of pharmaceutical.
- Don’t Waste Time! These 5 Tips Will Improve Your Online Reviews and Boost Your Business
You know online reviews from customers.
- 11 Tips to Save Your Retail Business From Extinction
The retail apocalypse has been well.
- Free Range Brands Have to be Innovative, Agile, Engaging to Survive
Free Range Brands: Join the New.