SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Officials in Springfield are ordering a shop to shut down after they say it was illegally selling marijuana.
Mayor Domenic Sarno’s administration on Wednesday issued a cease and desist order to Mary Jane Makes Your Heart Sing.
Officials say owner Charles Christian was charging a $20 to $50 entry fee that could be put toward the purchase of store items like electronic cigarettes, pipes, rolling papers and other smoking paraphernalia.
Customers would then depart with a free “gift” of one to three grams of marijuana, or a marijuana-infused chocolate bar. Christian didn’t immediately return calls or emails seeking comment.
The state’s new recreational marijuana law permits residents to possess, grow and exchange limited quantities of the drug as of December 2016. But marijuana can’t be sold or purchased until mid-2018.
more recommended stories
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.
- 11-Year-Old Sues Federal Government To Legalize Medical Marijuana
An 11-year-old girl from Rowlett is.