The woman who purchased the solein Massachusetts has been identified as 53-year-old Mavis L. Wanczyk, who came forward Thursday to claim her winnings.
Wanczyk purchased the winning Powerball ticket at the Pride Station & Store in Chicopee, Massachusetts. She becomes the winner of the largest single-ticket Powerball jackpot in history.
Wanczyk, a mother of a daughter and son, says she chose the winning numbers based on her family’s birthdays. She says she does not plan to return to work. She appeared at a press conference with officials from the Massachusetts State Lottery on Thursday afternoon.
Ahead of the press conference, Michael Sweeney, executive director of the Massachusetts lottery, called Wanczyk “a prototypical Massachusetts resident.”
“My perception of her is someone who’s a hard-working individual. Clearly she’s excited,” Sweeney said.
Theselected late Wednesday night were 6, 7, 16, 23, 26 and Powerball number 4.
The $758 million prize reflects the annuity option, paid over 29 years.
The odds of winning Wednesday night’s drawing were one in 292.2 million.
more recommended stories
- One Killed, Eight Wounded in Church Shooting in Tennessee
by Daniella Silva One person was.
- WH Scraps Obama-Era Guidance On Investigating Campus Sexual Assault
Carolyn Kaster/AP By Maria Danilova PublishedSeptember.
- Netanyahu at the U.N.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said of.
- First Pictures Of Arrested Tube Bomb Suspect
These are the first pictures of.
- Racially-Charged Mayhem in St. Louis: At Least 10 Officers Injured
Protests in St. Louis, Missouri, turned.
- Crude Bomb Explodes in London Underground, Injuring 22
(CN) At least 22 people were.
- Hillary Clinton Smears Bernie Sanders In What Happened
Recent Posts Recent Comments SocraticGadfly: Oh,.
- Sessions: “We Must Create And Foster A Culture That’s Hostile To Drug Use”
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 9:56 am.
- Texas Lt. Governor: This Is Not the Time’ to Criticize the President’
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R).
- Afghanistan: UN Mission Condemns Deadly Attack On Shi’a Mosque In Kabul
26 August 2017 The United Nations.