With the marijuana legalization push quickly working its way through the psyches and legislative houses belonging to millions of Americans, it’s easy to get caught up in the fervor a brand new and previously off-limits market is creating. People are making money, jobs are being created, and fewer people are being sent to prison or paying huge fines related to cannabis growth or possession. And though many questioned it, legalization is looking like it’s paying off for the few states that have made the jump.
One of the more interesting and exciting aspects of legalization has been all of the new data that is being collected for analysis, that was previously unreachable. Information about cannabis properties, how different strains or products can benefit or harm consumers, and the consumers themselves are all coming to light — and it’s all data that we’ve never had access to prior to legalization.
Case in point, new market insights from Seattle-based cannabis intelligence company Headset Inc. are giving us a clear view of the “average cannabis consumer,” something we may have tried to piece together from data fragments before, but now can see rather clearly as people embrace the marijuana markets. Headset’s brief digs into marijuana sales in Washington state to paint a portrait of today’s cannabis consumers, and even breaks up preferences by several demographic groups.
more recommended stories
- Special Weather Statement issued August 23 at 2:11AM EDT by NWS
…A developing strong thunderstorm in northern.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Seniors Are the Fastest Growing Group of Marijuana Users
By Joseph Misulonas | Aug 14,.
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- A Plea From Texas to Willie Nelson: Your Influence Is Needed In Fight To Legalize Marijuana
By Neal Pollack, The Cannabist Staff.
- Missouri Sues Three Big Pharma Companies For “Campaign Of Fraud And Deception”
Published: Jun 23, 2017, 3:22 pm.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson on Marijuana: “There’s No Reason For It to Have Ever Been Made Illegal”
By Sydney Robinson – August 8, 2017 Share.