New York Post reports:
They’re having a high ol’ time at the DNC thanks to Philadelphia’s decriminalization of pot and a DNC platform moving in that direction.
“Cannabis is having a very good convention,” said Chris Goldstein, from Philly NORML, the marijuana advocacy group.
“I’ve seen plenty of open marijuana smoking in sight of law enforcement. Safety is their priority. We appreciate that.”
The convention kicked off with a cannabis welcome party Monday night at a dive bar where delegates — and even one congressman — attended.
Goldstein wouldn’t identify the lawmaker.
Protesters got in on the action by carrying a 51-foot inflatable joint through the streets.
There was supposed to be a second giant inflatable joint brought by New York pot pushers , but it didn’t make it through the entire parade because of the marchers were done in by temperatures hovering in the 90s.
Philadelphia decriminalized marijuana in 2014. Those caught with weed face a $25 summonses, while public smoking carries a $100 fine.
Police said there have been no summonses issued at or around the convention center
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- The Militant Left’s Attack on the Roman Catholic Church
Conservative Catholic Group in Ferndale, Michigan.
- The Non-College Educated Can’t Handle Fancy Sandwiches, According To The New York Times
(AP Image) David Brooks offers a.
- $20 billion in revenue: Survey finds 1-in-3 millennials have used Venmo for drugs
(AP Image) According to a new.
- Trump’s Legal Team Argues That Sexual Harassment Is Protected By 1st Amendment
Donald Trum’s lawyers are arguing that.
- No, Bernie Sanders Will Not Be Too Old To Run In 2020 [Opinion]
Since the end of the Democratic.
- Bernie Sanders: Greedy Lying Socialist 1 Percenter
Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow.
- Republicans In DC Would Prefer To Have Mike Pence As President
https://www.youtube.com/embed/AlRQgOOJCaQ According to reports, Republicans behind.
- Has Orwell’s “Big Brother” Become ‘Big Bezos’?
(via Screenshot) Is America becoming a.
- Why Is It Sexist When Men Interrupt Kamala Harris, But Not Betsy DeVos?
(AP Photo) After Sen. Kamala Harris,.