Denver’s voters authorized the opening of social clubs for marijuana use just like Amsterdam’s infamous marijuana coffee shops , and the program is ready to get rolling.
Applications are now being accepted and the Denver Department of Excise and Licenses says that the state is ready to accept, approve and open marijuana consumption establishments, according to The Denver Post.
A second type of license application, for allowing social consumption at special events, will be available in September.
Dispensaries and businesses with liquor licenses are not permitted to offer on-site consumption spaces in Denver. However, owners of dispensaries can open separate businesses (even next door to their dispensary) that can allow on-site consumption.
Ashley Kilroy, licensing director, said, Since final adoption of rules, our team has been diligently working on the technology, applications and business processes for these new licenses. We are glad to have these up and running and look forward to hearing from interested businesses.
Photo: Flickr/kweez mcG
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- Massachusetts Marijuana Regulatory Board Finalized; 4 of 5 members Were Against Legalization
Published: Sep 1, 2017, 3:14 pm.
- With One Day To Go, Massachusetts Cannabis Board Has One Member
Published: Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am.
- Anti-Legalization Group Urges Feds To “Systematically Shut Down” Cannabis Industry
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 10:25 am.
- Sessions: “We Must Create And Foster A Culture That’s Hostile To Drug Use”
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 9:56 am.